This laddu can be made within 15 minutes, made with betel leaves, condensed milk and gulkand stuffing. When I saw this recipe in Yum curry I wanted to try this just for the attractive colour. But posting it after tasting it as I was little hesitant how the taste would be with betel leaves. But it was delicious with gulkand and tutti frutti filling. It tastes just like sweet beeda. This is a must try easy laddu recipe. Even beginners can make this recipe without any difficulty.
Also, check my Badam Beeda recipe.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yields: 8 laddus
Desiccated coconut-1 cup Betel leaves - 4 Condensed milk - 1/2 cup Gulkand - 1/4 cup Tutti frutti - 2 Tbsp Ghee - 1 Tbsp
1. Tear betel leaves and add it to a blender along with condensed milk. Grind it into a smooth paste.
2. Add a tsp of ghee to a kadai and add the paste.
3. Add 1 cup of desiccated coconut to it. Keep mixing till it forms a dough. It will take only 5 minutes. Let it cool down.
4. In a bowl, mix gulkand and tutti frutti together. You can also add preferred nuts. Grease the hands and make a small ball out of paan mixture.
5. Flatten it and stuff with the gulkand mixture and again seal it to make a ball shape.
6. Roll the laddu in the desiccated coconut to coat well.
Paan laddu is ready in a jiffy.
- The dough needs no consistency. It just combines with condensed milk and coconut and forms the dough in no time.
- You can also add chopped nuts of your choice.
- Add only the mentioned betel leaves.