Paneer Jamun is like rasagulla with rose flavour. I tasted this from Adyar Anandha Bhavan and wanted to try for long time. I have tried rasagulla many times. So tried this for the first time and came out really good. So thought of sharing this recipe. It is surely delicious with rose flavour.
I have already posted How to make paneer at home
Full cream milk : 1 litre Lemon juice : 2 Tbsp Corn flour : 1 Tsp Milk powder : 1 Tbsp Sugar : 1 1/2 cups Water: 3 cups Rose essence : 5 drops Rose colour : 2-3 drops
1. Boil milk. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and keep stirring till chenna/paneer forms. Stir till the water turns yellowish-green in colour.
2. Filter the paneer in a clean cloth placing it in a filter. Wash the paneer with water to remove lemon flavour.
3. Squeeze the water gently and tie it. Hang it in a place to completely drain the water for 30 minutes. Add milk powder, corn flour and rose colour.
4. Knead the paneer for 5-7 minutes. This is an important step. If not kneaded properly the paneer balls will break. If over kneaded it will become hard.
5. Make small oval shape ball. If sticky grease the hands with ghee. Heat sugar with 3 cups of water. Mix it occasionally to avoid crystallization. Use a wide vessel.
6. When the sugar syrup starts boiling, drop the paneer balls one by one. Make sure not to crowd it, as the paneer balls doubles in size.
7. Add rose essence at this stage. Close the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes. It is better to use a plate to cover it completely. In between open the lid and flip the paneer for even cooking. It doubles in size.
Delicious Paneer Jamun is ready. It was very soft and like Adyar Anandha Bhavan sweet.
- Kneading is important step. Knead it for 5-7 minutes.
- Keep the flame of syrup in medium, if it is high the paneer will become hard.
- If you want right shape, don’t crowd the paneer balls in sugar syrup.
- Squeeze the water gently from the paneer.
- Instead of lemon juice, you can also use vinegar or curd.
- You can also add rose essence at the end which gives more flavour (updated)